Tuesday 10 January 2012

goodbye 2011

This post is really outdated. 11 days late, and it's 2012.
One of my new year resolutions was to capture more moments of life, friendships and love and be more prompt on blogging. But obviously, it hasn't happened, though i have to admit that i have been more dilligent in capturing those moments with my trusty G-12.


I realise i thought a lot about how 2011 went, many would call it reflections, then would proceed to try to make amends, analyse & finally come to the oh-so-enlightening moment of forming new year resolutions.

But for me, it didn't quite happen like that. I remembered the NYE of 2010 and the hope and promised forever love (which frankly NEVER HAPPENS in real life, the idealist in me continues to live on) that came with that day. I with Andrew's then, and he remains to be one of the people in my life, i'm sure i will always have a soft spot for. We did have a whirlwind romance, crazy love, insane passion and memories that will bring back the skip in my heartbeat, each time he comes to mind.

But really that is all it would ever be, and there remains to be that bittersweet aftertaste lingering.

The 2nd time we met, at Zouk
My Sweet Sweet Romance



Anyhows, so that was the NYE of 2010. Then NYE 2011, i knew it would be the same. Counting down at the place i have called home for the past 6 years: Zouk. The place i have fallen in love, had my heart broken, binged on tapioca chips, challenged myself, found inspiration post 3/4 of the bottle of McCallen at Wine Bar, understood a bit more of the human nature, appreciated true friendships for all that it's worth and thrown into the deep end to struggle with life's harshest realities.

True to the end of 2011, at the strike of 12am to 2012, i found myself crying from the flood of emotions in the Zouk DJ console, amidst people that i have now come to know as family. Then immediately getting concerned about smudging eyeliners & intact lashes.

One tray of ILLUSION please
Adrian, Adeline (lao ban niang), Ivan Chia and me
Hannah (Errol's GF), Errol & Tien (Errol's best friend)
The 3 of us! =)
Karl & Vic (his GF)
Vick & me
Zouk dance floor just before 12am
Ivan Chia & djB (2 of my fav. ppl)
The Zouk team & DJs (though not all of us are here)
Big Boss Linc & me (the one person that has truly inspired me in life)
Yasee & me (the one person that remains to be my sunshine in the office)
Kaye & Dean of Darker Than Wax (amazing musicians & my blessing to know them)
Hong & me (a true friend who will fly the flag of hate with me)
Errol & his band of brothers
Tommy Wee & me (the very popular & extremely charming Tommy, yes that's him)
Adrian & me
Diana & me (she has worked for Zouk for more than 10 years, respect)
Then of course came the drama of losing my BB, eventually finding it the next morning in my car. I shan't even go into details about the happenings of that night. But i was fast asleep by 5am bidding farewell to just another year, and welcoming another with renewed hope, love and all the expected positive emotions that get heightened with this day.


Tata 2011. And hello 2012, 10 days later.
And they often say that goodbyes are never forever. Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment