Sunday 22 March 2015

Of Enhancements and Injections


I haven't penned my thoughts down for awhile now. More often than not, if there isn't anything I particularly feel strongly about, I would refrain from blogging pictures of food that I have consumed or events I have attended. Too predictable. 

That being said, I often get asked about aesthetics and plastic surgery or the treatments that I do for my face. So i thought it quite an appropriate time to share about my experience with Trinity Medical Centre (Marine Parade). Prior to having my treatments done at Trinity, I had also done my fillers at other clinics locally and overseas. So i have had a fair share of experiences before finally settling on one clinic.


How you choose your clinic to begin with is essential in eventually determining how happy you end up with the results. And it is always a long term relationship that has to be built, how comfortable you are with the facilities, the products being used as well as the doctors in question.


I have been very fortunate to have met Dr. Lim and Dr. Kan who not only understand the structure of my face and bones but also continue to advance their knowledge and skill sets by traveling for conferences and seminars. I have also reached a point where when I step into Trinity and Dr. Lim tells me - today you don't have to do anything, your face is fine. I would rather such a doctor, instead of one that oversells to make the extra buck.

I have also taken a liking and familiarity to Restylane for my fillers and Dysport for my jaw areas and also for some areas around my eyes. Dysport is often seen as the competitor to Botox, and works on the format of relaxing muscles to decrease wrinkles or shrink the general area in question. You can google Botox vs Dysport and read more about it and check out http://www.restylane.com/singapore/ for more info!

Dr. Kan and Dr Lim had done fillers for me at my cheek and tear trough areas with Restylane. The effect is natural and it lasted longer than I expected. The injection was comfortable and I am very happy with the overall results.

To me, subtlety and natural are the keywords. Whatever that I do to my face, are done as enhancements that are very hardly noticeable. But more to define the shape of my face and reduce wrinkles.


I also do my Carbon Laser Peel to improve my complexion, to reduce pore size and smoothen my skin. And I love how it always makes my face feel super super clean and less oily after.
  
So all in all, the choice of clinic is crucial and the doctors are even more so important. One piece of advice would to also do your research on the products being used. It doesn't necessarily mean that the cheapest or the most expensive are the best. 

I recently just topped up my Dysport for my jaw area and after 3 weeks when it settles in, I always get comments of how my face is small or that i lost weight. =D I know it's going to last me for at least 6 months. However, according to Dr Lim, individual results may vary depends on the person eating habits (i.e like to eat chewing gum or munch on food) or whether she has teeth grinding in sleep (Bruxism). So if you are keen to have sharper features, my advice is always about minor enhancements for that very subtle differences and not drastic ones for the kill and if unsure, always do your research or speak to the doctors about it.

I was shocked when I was prepping this post and did a comparison with my pictures. I would like to be as accurate on sharing that this is the results of 2 major things:




1. Exercise and working out 
2. My treatments with Restylane and Dysport over the 1 year duration 

As I have always said, and will repeatedly say that trust in the doctor is key and patience to achieve what you want to. Your face alters itself with each treatment so I always like to space it out, do a little, and never over do it. And of course with the guidance and advice of my doctors.




Time for me to sign off now! Will update again pretty soon, but for now, if anyone wants to ask me anything, shoot away and as best as I can, I would love to help! =)




1 comment: